Sunday, April 29, 2012

Where Has the Time Gone?

Days certainly go by quicker this year than they have before. Maybe it's because the Mayan apocalypse is upon us and Mother Earth simply wants to get it over with. Or maybe this is just what happens when you get older. Not that I'm old, actually, I'm quite young, but in the poorly paraphrased words of They Might Be Giants I'm older than I've ever been.

The haste employed by 2012 is distressing to me. Days rush by and what have I done with them? I rarely touch this blog, compared to how I used to. Which is a bit of a shame all things considered. Probably my greatest endeavor this month was taking an entire day out of my life to play straight through Pikmin. Of course anything involving Pikmin is an endeavor worthy of taking whole weeks of a life for, and I'll admit that the title will probably revisited once or twice more before the year is out. Of all the games I've ever played, which I assure you is a ridiculous scoff-worthy number, Pikmin is one of the few that I would consider art. No, that's wrong, all things are art. Pikmin is one of the few video games I would select to represent a fine art is more what I'm getting at.

I didn't come here to tell you about Pikmin though, that would be silly. Maybe I'll do it some other time. Regardless, if you haven't played it yet do yourself a favor and cruise over to Amazon. It's not ridiculously expensive like its elusive sequel, and it is more than worth the price. I won't lie, the experience is short. But like short stories, that doesn't make it any less of a worthy representation of the form, and as proven by Reese's Minis, the sweetest things can be the smallest.

What I really came her to say, today, is that the blog is going to take a bit of a departure... again. I'm no longer going to be updating the Fantasy Smash articles, at least not here. As my mind is a rabid fanboy of many things, it can't help but create these ideas. However, I no longer feel like it is entirely appropriate to make 2-Bit the home of such fantasies. If I do decide to continue that particular endeavor it will be on its own blog, but when, if ever, that will be is uncertain.

In the future when I do post here, which will hopefully be more frequent, it will be my rantings, as I really need to get those out, my daily musings, whatever I'm thinking about (which could, yeah, fall under the realm of video games or comic books or whatever media interests me at the time), and to inform of any publications I may have released to the Kindle platform. Oh, and my poetry. If anyone reads that. I don't blame you if you don't.

For those curious I will continue adding to the Kindle Library hopefully beginning with the last week of May. My plan is to continue uploading stories throughout the Summer, a number of which are already edited. They're all going to be older tales written in my teens as I've discovered that I need about a year of gestation to really come back and fix a story. They will all be shorts ranging in length from micro fiction to short stories. No novelettes yet, but they'll be coming by next year. Promise.

That wraps up everything I really came here to say. tl;dr: publishing through Summer, love Pikmin, no more Fantasy Smash Project. Now I'm off to enjoy myself some spaghetti, and if the rest of you have souls, you'll do the same.