Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Howl

1. Tired Eyes

What is Howl?

Howl is what I have dubbed a continuous novel. Really, it's a modern penny dreadful. Since it's free, I suppose it's a pennyless dreadful. Preferably a pennyless dreadfulless, but I can't make any promises. What this is really all about is me—well, let me stop there for a second. I have this horrible habit of writing things very, very slowly. This is in large part because I have project ADHD and can't sit still long enough to finish anything. What I'm trying to do here, with Howl, is not to exercise myself in actually getting things done (believe me, I'm working on it), but rather an exercise in keeping myself writing something everyday. Sick, well, sun or snow. The goal is to keep my literary juices from evaporating away. There's also another thing going on here, and I'll have to direct you all to Ira Glass to make you understand it. He's this way, guys.


I trust you all watched that. So what I'm trying to do here is... fight my way through it. I need to create a body of work, and who knows what's going to come out of that body? Well, alright, I have a vague idea, but I don't know how it's gonna turn out. Probably freaking amazing, because we all know I am the lord of writing. Right? That... that's true, right? Guys?

tl;dr (aren't I nifty?) - Howl is practice and a daily exercise. Like word jogging.