Sunday, May 8, 2011

Free Comic Book Day - Aftermath

Headed out with my girlfriend this weekend to tear apart the few establishments that were sponsoring Free Comic Book Day. Unfortunately, they had already been torn apart. Sometimes I truly loathe my love of sleeping. Sometimes.

Regardless, we got a few comics and I met a couple of nice folks. This one guy had a surprising lot to say, and I think it was refreshing to him that I knew about Golden Age comics and all of the wonderful things that accompanied them, such as "FREE X-Ray Glasses." I was also surprised that I held the conversation as long as I did. Go developing social skills!

Another sweet deal that came out of this: my girlfriend seemed to have an interest in the Green Lantern cover. Maybe I can drag out the dormant nerd in her yet! And if not, well, maybe just a trip to the movies. :D

Repping publishers equally :D


Unfortunately, it wasn't all sweet deals and awesome convos. This day has just further shown me how freaking horrible and inconsiderate some people can be. In an area where there's supposed to be a form of single-file line, there is no need to ripping my arm off my girlfriend's shoulder to get at the books between us. You can wait thirty seconds for us to move on.

Seriously, why do you need to be in such a rush to grab a comic out of a stack of fifty? You're not going to miss anything, pals.

If you're one of these people, please, get your head out of your ass. Thank you.