Wednesday, July 20, 2011

THIS JUST IN! ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 REVEALED!

As I talked about yesterday, of all days, Capcom has been letting it slip that they've been planning some kind of remastered edition of their latest Marvel vs Capcom 3. Today I woke up to discover that the rumors were not only true, but that Capcom had released a series of trailers to accompany them. The trailers show off four characters, one of which actually made my list of Capcom characters I wanted to see. I won't spoil the surprise, so have a yourself a gander.



That's right. Firebrand actually made the cut. I'm a little disappointed they went with a more cartoonish approach to his character, but he can still look pretty menacing at times, so I'm okay with it. He'll be taking on the likes of Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, and Strider Hiryu when Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 hits shelves. There's still more characters to come, as Capcom has promised us twelve new characters and a roster of fifty, meaning that Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine are not being counted among the "new" roster. New game modes, such as a spectator mode, and a few rebalancing updates are also going to be part of the package.


With eight characters left and the choices already looking good, I can't wait to see how this develops. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 will be showing up in stores on November 15, just in time to add it to your already extensive Christmas list, at a price point of $39.99.