Sunday, July 7, 2013

Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (GG) DS Insert

I'm actually surprised I haven't uploaded this one already, because I made it a really long time ago. It's probably because I haven't actually gotten very far with my Game Gear cases (they're a huge butt to make), even though it isn't like I have many that need to be done (actually, since I sold Sonic the Hedgehog 2, I only have to make one case for MMPR and use the old Sonic 2 case to house Star Wars, but whatever).

This is probably among my favorite inserts, and not only because I made it (mostly) myself. It looks like something they would have tried to sell to kids during the 90's, and that makes me feel all cool inside. The back cover is actually a poster I found on Google, and it had some blemishes that Maranda ironed out for me. The front cover is largely the same as the one which can be found on the Cover Project, and the screenshots and most of the graphics are also from that. However, I absolutely hate the grid-style Game Gear covers. I considered going with the purple stripes, but ultimately went with black because it's a more neutral color and goes well with just about everything.