Sunday, July 7, 2013

Namco Museum (GBA) DS Insert

I'm honestly not sure where I picked up Namco Museum. It seems to have spawned in my copy of Hotel Dusk while I wasn't looking, but it also seems to have replaced my Pac-Man Collection, which ticks me off... a lot, actually. I loved that thing. Pac-Attack was kind of weird, but Pac-Mania and Pac-Man Arrangement are hours of good fun. Oh well. This thing seems to have Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Galaxian, Dig Dug, and Pole Position--most of which I like, but have on other collections (like those radical joystick packs that plug right into the TV).

This insert is nothing more than me pasting the silver label over a black one, simply because I like the silver one more. The original can be found over at the Cover Project. This is going to be a recurring theme with today's uploads, since all this really is just for my personal hobby collection. I only made a couple of the things I'll be uploading today. Anyways, this insert doesn't look too remarkable on the screen, but it's absolutely beautiful on paper. I'd go as far as to say that it's my favorite of the GBA inserts. That's probably because the design is heavily influenced by Ms. Pac-Man's design philosophy, and I've always found the stages and artwork for that particular title to be something special.