Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Young Justice #7 (Targeted by Artemis!) Review

Targeted by Artemis!Targeted by Artemis! by Kevin Hopps
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

"Targeted by Artemis!" is the seventh issue in the Young Justice tie-in comic, and the first one I've read. I admit to putting off on reading this for... about a year since I borrowed it from my brother. The primary reason for this is because I'm such a nut about the television series, and I didn't want the comic to soil that somehow. Mostly, it didn't.

Now there's only twenty pages here for me to talk about, so there isn't really a whole lot to review on. The writing was pretty good, I didn't feel slowed down by any of the dialogue. Which is always plus, because it's a real drag when everything is flowing and then some character opens his mouth with a bit too much to say. I find this happens more frequently with Marvel's comics, though.

The art was alright. The characters were pretty flat, which is something that's been popular in the past couple of decades, and in a lot of panels their facial features are a little squished and weird looking. So subtract points for that. The backgrounds were pretty good, nothing fetching, but nothing wrong either. It was all very easy on the eyes, with no glaring color clashes to murder your eyes with.

Overall, I liked the comic. Mostly. It kind of messes with my perception of the Young Justice continuity a bit, but it's a tie-in and they tend to do that. Grain of salt, I guess. I'll give this one three stars.